Kate Upon is everywhere lately. From supermodel to actress, you can't open a magazine without seeing her face. To promote her latest film, The Other Woman, she recently attended the 2014 MTV Movie Awards. Her bombshell hairstyle and sultry makeup look stunned on the red carpet. Here's how to get her hair look by celebrity hairstylist, Peter Butler for Moroccanoil.
Overall Inspiration: "When envisioning the hair look that I wanted to create to compliment Kate’s Versace mini-dress, I was inspired by the works of Helmut Newton and Guy Bourdin as well as the strong and powerful 80’s woman a la Cindy Crawford and Jerry Hall— I wanted big, polished hair.” - Peter Butler, Morroccanoil
- To create lots of volume, hold and lift, I began by applying Moroccanoil Root Boost to the roots of Kate’s damp hair and then blanketed her locks with Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse. Using the Moroccanoil Paddle Brush, I blow dried the hair in large sections.
- Next, I divided the hair into 2” sections, misted with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray, and wrapped each section around a 2” barrel curling iron to create a rough wave.
- To create a tighter curl and additional bounce, I divide the hair at the top of the head into 3 sections and curled each with a 1” barrel iron from front-to-back (bang-to-crown).
- Once the curls cooled, I brushed out all of the hair using the Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Classic Brush and created a deep side part with a comb.
- Using a dime-sized amount of Moroccanoil Treatment Light, I massaged the products between my hands and then began applying it directly to the hair from the ends up to smooth the entire look. For added shine, I sprayed two pumps of Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine into the air and wafted it over Kate’s hair.
- Last, I ran a wide-tooth comb through the waves to separate them into a natural look and in true 80’s fashion I blasted the style with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray.
What do you think of Kate's look?