Join me today, August 27th at Bergdorf Goodman for a beauty happy hour with Guerlain! Guerlain has easily become one of my favorite beauty brands, and they just revamped their KissKiss' lipstick collection. The collection features 25 new stunning shades with an updated formula. KissKiss' unique formula is enriched with hyaluronic acid spheres, which gives lips a plumping effect. Commiphora Myrrha oil and mango also help ensure lips are silky smooth and hydrated. The texture is out of this world, so stop by! We can talk beauty, sip cocktails & celebrate. Hope to see you! RSVP HERE.
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Monday, August 4, 2014
It’s not every day you learn about a new product innovation that is going to help tons of people daily. This is how I felt when I heard Crest was launching a new product specifically for sensitive teeth. When Crest reached out to me to learn about my sensitive teeth, I was more than happy to share. Here’s a secret – I’m
really slightly obsessed with caring my
teeth. I brush twice (sometimes three times) a day, and floss nightly.
It wasn't until recently that I realized something was different. My
teeth would become extremely sensitive anytime I ate sweets or drank a
cold drink. I thought for sure I had a cavity, and went straight to the
dentist. Lucky for me, I didn't have a cavity (it would have been my
first), but my teeth were sensitive. Did you know that 57% of adults may
be living with sensitive teeth? I guess I wasn't alone.
So how does the Crest Sensi-Stop Strip help sensitive teeth? It helps relieve tooth sensitivity after one use. 1 strip applied for 10 minutes provides immediate relief and up to 1 month of protection from sensitivity pain. The strip uses the same ingredients as some professional treatments. The strips are small, flexible, and transparent – they can be applied directly to sensitive areas. Unlike toothpastes that take several weeks to reduce sensitivity and are required to be used two times per day, Sensi-Stop Strips provided targeted, immediately relief after one usage (hallelujah!)
You can pre-order Sensi-Stop Strips at Crest.com. Available nationwide beginning September 2014. Prices will vary. 6 ct: $19.99, 10 ct: $27.99, and 12 ct: $34.99.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Crest through their partnership with One2One Network. While I was compensated to write a post about Crest Sensi-Stop, all opinions are my own.
Saturday, August 2, 2014
Wearing Rouge Louboutin Nail Colour
Hello rouge! Christian Louboutin Beauté introduces Rouge Louboutin ($50), a nail colour that takes beauty to new heights. The first shade (seen above) is modeled after the signature red of Louboutin's trademarked soles. "I wanted to create a link between my shoes and my next adventure. The red sole is the DNA of my brand, if you extract the essence from it, you end up with the colour red," said Christian Louboutin. Do you know how the Louboutin story began? Picture this: It's 1993 and Christian is working in his studio in Paris. He feels something is missing from his shoe creation and nearby his assistant Sarah is painting her nails. He snatches the bottle and coats the sole in a striking red shade. The rest is history.
Wednesday, July 9, 2014
Today begins the 2014 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, featuring limited edition beauty exclusives at great values. Brands participating include favorites, such as Bobbi Brown, Clarisonic, NARS Cosmetics, MAC and more! The beauty sale begins on Nordstrom.com and in Nordstrom stores nationwide from July 18th (while supplies last). Enjoy early access to the sale starting July 10th as a Nordstrom Rewards Member. Sneak peek of a few limited edition items below. Comment with your top picks!
Tuesday, May 20, 2014
Ahh, MAC Cosmetics... just when you thought they had nothing up their sleeve. They recently announced the news of two new collections: MAC x Osbournes and MAC x Lorde. New MAC collections are frequent, but it takes a lot to get me excited for new products. As soon as I saw the promo ads for these two collections, I marked my calendar and prepared for shopping battle. More details below.
Sunday, May 11, 2014
Everyday new beauty salons are popping up all over the city. It can be difficult to sort through and find quality locations that soon become new favorites. I've recently visited a few new locations that were quickly added to my recommendation list. From chic gel manicures to beauty makeovers, here the best of the best to add to your must visit list.
Paintbox | 17 Crosby Street. New York, NY 10013
Paintbox is a luxurious nail studio located in Soho (right next to the Mondrian hotel) with a modern twist on the traditional nail salon. It was founded by Eleanor Langston, a veteran magazine beauty editor. It's chic, beautiful and features 18 nail stations. The focus is on sophisticated art nail with a menu of looks to choose from. With names like Ray of Light, Paint Ball, and Weekend Update, you'll never have boring nails again! You won't see walls of nail polish either - in fact, the nail technicians head off the floor to assemble the necessary colors and tools to create each unique look. Services include regular manicures, gel manicures, and polish changes. The nail studio also features a manicure photo booth that instantly sends a photo to your email address. You can book appointments online or by phone. Kayo was my manicurist and she did a wonderful job. I'll be back soon!
Rouge New York | 130 Thompson St, New York, NY 10012 (Between Houston St and Prince St, Soho)
Introducing New York's newest makeup salon, Rouge New York. The salon was founded by Law and Order: SVU's makeup department head Rebecca Perkins and actress Stephanie March. The women had a vision for a makeup salon that was affordable and would be there to help with any big day - a job interview, a first date or even just a night out. Choose from an array of looks: You.. Only Better, enhances your natural features or Total Polish, a glamorous makeover to make you camera ready. Walk-ins are accepted or you can easily book online.
NARS Madison Ave | 971 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10021 (76th St)
NARS Cosmetics announced the opening of its second New York flagship boutique. The 700-square-foot space will feature makeup artists personally trained by François Nars and unique 413 BLKR products – named for the first NARS boutique. The location opens officially on May 16th.
Sephora | Queens Center Mall, 90-15 Queens Blvd. Space #2073 Elmhurst, NY 11373
It's always an exciting day when a new Sephora location is announced. The boutique at Queens Center Mall in Elmhurst is a virtual paradise with over 13,000 products from more than 200 brands! Sephora, for me, is an endless candy store. With brands like Guerlain, Marc Jacons, FORMULA X, Hourglass, and Josie Maran, it's hard not to get hooked.
Wednesday, April 30, 2014
This gel moisturizer is designed to deliver hydration without feeling heavy or oily. Skin is suddenly refreshed giving the appearance of beauty in an instant (yes, please) and ingredients include a burst of honeysuckle and white tea essence. I've tried many moisturizers and I was really impressed with the quality of this one from Olay. It feels like a luxurious gel for a fraction of the price.
Olay Fresh Effects isn't just one product, but a whole selection of skincare products to help refresh your day. Here's to a new, more well-rested (at least in appearance) you!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Olay Fresh Effects through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Olay Fresh Effects, all opinions are my own.
Thursday, April 17, 2014
This week I attended an advance screening of 'The Other Woman' featuring Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann and Kate Upon. The film was hilarious and tells the story of an unlikely friendship between three women connected by the same guy. The three main actresses are very different - from style to personality - and it was interesting to see how costumer designer, Patricia Field decided to dress each of them. After the movie, POPSUGAR hosted a Q&A with the talented designer. I love her "no care" attitude and honest responses to real questions. She believes in making the actor happy no matter what and picking pieces that look good and aren't just a current trend.
Leslie Mann's character is the Stepford wife. She lives in floral patterns, kitten heels and yellow is so her shade. Her color scheme is bold and bright, while still maintaining a classic and vintage feel.
The Sophisticated Woman (Cameron Diaz)
The ultimate New York woman. She's on trend to become a CEO with a wardrobe to match her upper level role. Form fitting dress, open backs, bare legs and sky high heels are all you'll see her in. Her favorite pair of shoes? Her sparkly Christian Louboutin heels, of course!
The youngest of the three, Kate Upon's character is a 20 something year old bombshell who's beauty is showstopping. She's often seen in cut off jeans and a comfortable tee. Her favorite item is definitely her itty bitty white bikini.
The film was laugh-out-loud funny and I highly recommend for any girl's night out.
The Other Woman will be released in theaters nationwide on April 25th, 2014.
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Kate Upon is everywhere lately. From supermodel to actress, you can't open a magazine without seeing her face. To promote her latest film, The Other Woman, she recently attended the 2014 MTV Movie Awards. Her bombshell hairstyle and sultry makeup look stunned on the red carpet. Here's how to get her hair look by celebrity hairstylist, Peter Butler for Moroccanoil.
Overall Inspiration: "When envisioning the hair look that I wanted to create to compliment Kate’s Versace mini-dress, I was inspired by the works of Helmut Newton and Guy Bourdin as well as the strong and powerful 80’s woman a la Cindy Crawford and Jerry Hall— I wanted big, polished hair.” - Peter Butler, Morroccanoil
- To create lots of volume, hold and lift, I began by applying Moroccanoil Root Boost to the roots of Kate’s damp hair and then blanketed her locks with Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse. Using the Moroccanoil Paddle Brush, I blow dried the hair in large sections.
- Next, I divided the hair into 2” sections, misted with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray, and wrapped each section around a 2” barrel curling iron to create a rough wave.
- To create a tighter curl and additional bounce, I divide the hair at the top of the head into 3 sections and curled each with a 1” barrel iron from front-to-back (bang-to-crown).
- Once the curls cooled, I brushed out all of the hair using the Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Classic Brush and created a deep side part with a comb.
- Using a dime-sized amount of Moroccanoil Treatment Light, I massaged the products between my hands and then began applying it directly to the hair from the ends up to smooth the entire look. For added shine, I sprayed two pumps of Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine into the air and wafted it over Kate’s hair.
- Last, I ran a wide-tooth comb through the waves to separate them into a natural look and in true 80’s fashion I blasted the style with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray.
What do you think of Kate's look?
Sunday, April 13, 2014
How do you maintain beautiful confidence during the summer months? Most women stress right before the warm weather hits - bikini season is coming after all and your body will be exposed more and more as the weather heats up. I consider myself a confident person, but I will admit that my biggest problem has always been my stomach. My baby fat never left (true story) and I strive for a flat, toned stomach.
So do I maintain beautiful confidence? Here's how:
1. Workout: It's sounds so simple, right? It is. A workout routine that fits your needs will help boost your confidence any day. You know that great feeling right after you finished working out. You're more energized, awake and feel good. To help my stomach battle the flab I use Bliss FatGirlSixPack. This tummy-toning gel contains six active ingredients and an ab-activating applicator. I add this to my stomach before working out and can feel (and see!) the difference after using. It creates a more toned, firmer look. The applicator is designed to massage the formula into skin, and work with your body as it tones. My dream stomach may soon in my near future.
2. Eat Cleaner: It's no secret that I
3. Compliment Yourself: Most women are their biggest critic and I'm no different. You have to really love and accept yourself before anyone else will. This was my big goal for 2014. I used to constantly put myself down and believe any critics I had. Now I tell myself I'm beautiful and can do anything. Rupaul always says, "If you don't love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?" And that's the truth.
4. Read More: Reading was always my favorite past-time, but as I've gotten older and busier, it's hard to make time to stop and read. Another goal for 2014 was to read more and I'm proud to say I'm on track. My new goal is to read a new book every month. I'll be sharing my latest reads on instagram if you're curious what has peaked my interests lately!
5. Buy The Expensive Lipstick: Being a beauty girl, I'm constantly surrounded by beautiful makeup. Makeup doesn't have to just conceal, but can help make you feel more confident. I love the moment when I'm finishing my daily makeup and I add my lipstick. I feel instantly sexier and ready to tackle my day. So here's my advice: buy the expensive lipstick you've been eyeing and never look back.
6. Set Goals: I'm most confident when I'm reaching and hitting my goals. I have a to-do that I make every month with realistic goals to hit. Things like drink less soda, write 2 blog posts a day, and make someone smile make me feel the more confident. I love buying pretty paper goods (paper source in my fave) to write down my goals. There is no greater feeling than crossing a goal off my list.
So how do you maintain beautiful confidence?
Disclosure: I’d like to thank Bliss for sponsoring today’s post and encouraging me to shine with beautiful confidence!