Image Via Pinterest
Hello lovelies. I hope you're somewhere warm and toasty on this frigid day in NYC. I've been daydreaming about a tropical vacation all morning. Speaking of, I just booked a vacation to Vegas in April and it'll be my first time visiting. The weather will be around 80 degrees and gorgeous. Until then I'm stuck battling the snow in New York. To help, here are my favorite #PolarVortex skin essentials.
1. A Killer Exfoliator: Your skin is taking a beating during this cold weather and it's important to exfoliate once a week to rid your face (and body) of dry skin. My current favorite facial exfoliator is First Aid Beauty's Facial Radiance Polish. For body, use DERMAdoctor's KP Duty Body Scrub. It gets rid of everything, including "chicken skin."
2. Heavy Moisturizer: I keep telling my friends you must moisturize, moisturize, and moisturize. Skin is naturally much drier in the winter then in the summer, so you must up the power on your cream this season. I switch up my moisturizers daily, but this week I'm using Kiehl’s Super Multi-Corrective Cream and Elizabeth Arden’s Eight Hour® Cream Skin Protectant.
3. Primer Time: Who says you don't need a glow in the winter? Definitely not I. This is why I opt for Laura Mercier's Foundation Primer in Radiance. It's heavy texture gives a gorgeous, light radiance underneath foundation.
4. The Best Hand Cream: L'OCCITANE's Shea Butter Hand Cream. Enough said.
5. Serious Lip Balm: There are two things you will always find in my purse - EOS Lip Balm and Fresh Sugar 'Advanced Therapy' Lip Treatment. My lips live for them. TIP: Exfoliate lips once a week with Fresh's Sugar Lip Polish. It's amazing and you'll never have to worry about flaky lips again.
6. A Luxurious Body Cream: Lather up with a heavy body cream. My current favorite is Korres Body Butter in Vanilla Guava.
7. Frizz Fighter: Ward off frizz with the new Ouidad Climate Control Defrizzing Shampoo and Conditioner, a duo that deposits shine and diminishes frizz with use. Humidity Shield Complex helps balance hair’s humidity resistance and controls frizz
8. A Sultry Nail Polish: Marc Jacobs Beauty enamored hi-shine lacquer in Bark is swoon worthy on nails. First previewed on the runway in September 2013 - the shade was also seen in action in the new Marc Jacobs Spring/Summer '14 campaign featuring Miley Cyrus.
What are your #PolarVortex essentials?