Makeup artist Mai Quynh created a Siouxsie and the Banshees/punk-rock-inspired look for Goodwin using Laura Mercier, who according to Quynh, “loves wearing edgy makeup.” She stated, “Ginny loves to play up her eyes and wear fun makeup. She’s never afraid of colour or going too bold, and lets me have fun and be daring with her looks.”
EYES: Quynh gave Goodwin “heavy, dark eyes” to complement the black leather trim of her floor-length, mixed-metal Tory Burch dress.
- Quynh used Laura Mercier Matte Eye Shadow in Noir ($23) to create Goodwin’s bold eye look. She applied it to her lashline, winged it out then connected it to her eyebrow – filling in the shape completely.
- Quynh then layered Laura Mercier Sequin Eye Colour in Black Ice ($23) over the lid, along the lashline and under the eyebrows, blending all together.
- Using the Laura Mercier Finishing Eye Brush ($32), she applied Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in Seashell Pink ($23) and blended it all over Goodwin’s lid, over the Laura Mercier Sequin Eye Colour in Black Ice, creating a gradual light to dark effect.
- After applying individual faux eyelashes, Quynh added a few coats of Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Lash Building Mascara in Black ($24) to her top lashes.
- Lastly, she rimmed her eyes using Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil in Black Violet ($20).
FLAWLESS FACE: Goodwin’s skin was radiant with a healthy glow.
- Quynh first applied Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Nude ($43) all over Goodwin’s skin.
- Next, she used Laura Mercier Undercover Pot #2 ($34) to conceal any imperfections.
- She then applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Oleander ($24) to apples of Goodwin’s cheek and set the look using Laura Mercier Pressed Powder in Translucent ($32).
- To add the final touch to her glowing skin, Quynh applied Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Lotus Pink ($24) onto Goodwin’s cheeks to help the colour shine through, and ensure her look would be long-lasting.
LIPS: Quynh kept the lips simple and nude.
- Quynh applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Angelic ($24) onto Goodwin’s lips, allowing the attention to be on her bold eyes.