This weekend marks the six years of The Makeup Show NYC. It's the largest PRO-ONLY drive beauty event in NY! The Makeup Show is an amazing event filled with great seminars, amazing products and knowledge to be learned. The industry top artists are in attendance for two days filled with inspiration, education and community. It's also an opportunity to learn about the newest lines and product launches. You can network with peers, and develop new relationships with companies. It's my favorite makeup show. It's actually what convinced me to start this blog last year. As a makeup artist in this fantastic city, it's my favorite time. Advanced tickets are sold out, but you can still purchase at the door. Just remember, you must be a beauty professional to attend. Door prices are $65 for one day pass and $85 for two day pass. The Makeup Show takes place at the Metropolitan Pavilion on 18th street.
Top 6 Things Not To Miss:
1. NARS "pop-up shop" debuts with limited edition products and exclusive discounts: This marks NARS first appearance at the show. Get excited for a 413 BLKR pop-up show, which is a nod to the brand's flagship boutique. You can look forward to 200 skus, new products from NARS, their best selling products, and special edition palettes.
2. MAKE UP FOR EVER is launching new products such as Aqua Shadow, new Aqua Cream shades and Eye Prime. Delight in shopping an assortment of 1,400 skus. All attendees will enjoy 40% off purchases, as well as 50% off select product offers. Make Up For Ever also has three amazing seminars to attend that you don't want to miss.
Seminar Schedule :
Sunday, May 13th 12:30-1:15pm HD For All with Jen Evans
Sunday, March 13th 2:00-3:30pm Frances Hathaway
Keynote: Monday, May 14th 12:15-1:00pm The Artistic Advantage with Talia Cich
3. More than 60 top pro-focused brands, including: Crown Brush and Temptu Pro, Silver Sponsor Stila, Supporting Sponsors Make-Up Designory, Smashbox, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, and INGLOT Cosmetics. Other Sponsors include The Powder Group, On Makeup Magazine, and HauteLook. In addition, MAC, Alcone, Senna, Kett Cosmetics, Embryolisse USA, Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics, KevynAucoin, Armour Beauty, Cinema Secrets, and more.
4. Enjoy panels, feature presentations and exhibitor seminars by the industries best. From bridal to airbrush, these seminars provide a great selection of events designed to inspire and inform. These complimentary events are seated on a first-come first-served basis.
5. The Makeup Show Artist's Limited Edition Brush Line: The Limited Edition Brush Line is personalized with each individual The Makeup Show Artist’s signature to mark their essential tools, technique and style. The full set of 13 will undoubtedly enable aspiring and working artists to master the artistry that makes James Vincent, Jon Hennessey, Orlando Santiago, Esterique Aidan, and Danessa Myricks internationally renowned artists and educators.
6. The first ever The Makeup Show Career Fair: Monday, May 14, 4pm-6pm!
I hope to meet a few of you this weekend! Follow me on Twitter @Beautynyc to see my updates. Xoxo.