No one does boho chic better than Mara Hoffman, so it was awesome to go behind the scenes and get a sneak peek at the beauty look for this season! Her latest collection drew inspiration from color, light, happiness and the rainbow.
The first thing I noticed were these killer braids that the models were sporting. Catwalk by Tigi Global Creative were the hairstylists for this show and they created two super long (I mean, almost down to the ankles) french braids. Then they bound these two braids together by wrapping a bit of cloth around both braids and gluing the ends of the cloth together. The final result looked absolutely amazing!
The makeup look was very fresh with a pop of color in bright liner around the eyes. Makeup artist Alice Lane said that the Mara Hoffman woman is brave and fearless and these models certainly looked ready to take on the world. The beauty look was finished off with a playful orange sunburst manicure. Each nail was painted with a nude color first, then the lines of the sunburst were drawn individually with a thin striping brush. I love watching nail art in action and seeing the beautiful manicures they created is inspiring me to get back into nail art myself!
- CATWALK By Tigi Curlesque Strong Mousse
- CATWALK By Tigi Session Series True Wax
- CATWALK By Tigi Sleek Mystique Look Lock Hairspray
- CATWALK By Tigi Your Highness Weightless Shine Spray
- Maybelline Pure Pigments in Buff & Tuff
- Maybelline Pure Pigments in Pink Rebel
- Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer in Born With It
- Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer in Orange Fix